Chicago's the greatest

Chicago's the greatest

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Answers 2 Philippians Two (FLS #1)





Answers 2 Philippians Two (FLS #1)
By Jon Slone





It says in Philippians 2:1…

“Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from His love?”



Let me get that one for ya…….YES!


Are you kidding, the answer is me on top of Pulpit Rock in Norway screaming, “YEEESSSSSSSS!”


From time to time, I’ll give you some FLS’S! You know, in response to the scripture above. We’ll call this segment, “Answers 2 Philippians Two!”
Here’s your FLS for today:



Psalm 139:3-6 NLT

You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest.
Every moment you know where I am.
You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD.
You both precede and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
Too great for me to know!



AMEN!


This is one of my favorite scriptures! I love the part where He says that, “Down the rutted and treacherous path of life, I am both, in front of you and in back of you!” That’s just a lumpy-loaf of yum-yum no matter how you slice it!
I love how awesome DAD is! How big and spectacular and incapable of being bullied He is!!!

My sheepness is pointed out beautifully here. That I need a path charted for me. That someone needs to tell me when to stop and rest.....that I need protection on all sides of me!

This is a fetching scripture denoting how small we are, and how big God really is!



Enjoy your FLS for the day! FLS is, “Face-Lift-Scripture!”








“I revel in my nothingness!”
Press on, Pray on, Preach on!
Jon Big HE little me Slone

1 comment: