Chicago's the greatest

Chicago's the greatest

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Which Side Are You On?










Which Side Are You On?
By Jon Slone





Quiz Question: When Jesus died on the cross, how many more were up there on crosses with him? Let me guess what you’re thinking, two right? One on either side of Him?

In a still and quiet moment with God, He revealed a different answer to me.

He spoke this to my soul:

“Everybody is up there!”

Did you catch that?

I'll say it again.

Every human being who has ever breathed and had a heartbeat is on that hill and nailed to a cross! The thing is, like the two criminals, we are either on His left or His right! We all fall into two groups represented perfectly by two rugged crosses.

Remember the story?

One of the criminals hanging beside him scoffed, “So you’re the Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself-and us, too, while you’re at it!”
But the other criminal protested, “Don’t you fear God even when you are dying? We deserve to die for our evil deeds, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”
And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
Luke 23:39-43 NLT


On one side of the crucified savior, are those that don’t believe in God. Not even when they are dying!

On the other side, is a small group of sinners, dead in their trespasses, with eyes fixed on the majesty and glory of the one true God. And It’s on this side of Skull Rock, where the ragamuffins know, all too well, that the answer to life is it’s very author, Jesus Christ! Everyone on this cross pleads, “I deserve death for the evils that I’ve done! You, on the other hand, have done nothing wrong yet here you are, dying for me so that I might live!" This contrite cluster beckons, “Please, remember me Jesus!”

What a sight it must have been for the thief who knew just exactly what he was looking at!


Can we all say the same thing?!


Let me ask you this:
When you look at Jesus, God’s only son, Our Lord and Savior, perfect in all ways, the God of all flesh! (Jeremiah 32:27) The one who could hold earth in the palm of His hand like it was a blue marble,....Are you turning away from Him, mocking Him, even unto death?! Or are you on the other side? The less popular side that embraces him like a long-lost child wrapped around his father’s ankles?

Like the two criminals, it comes down to two sides, and two choices.

Left or right?

For or against?

Dead or alive?

Heaven or Hell?


The question is, Which side are you on?



"I revel in my Nothingness!"
Press on, Pray on, Preach on!
Jon BigHElittleme Slone

No comments:

Post a Comment