Chicago's the greatest

Chicago's the greatest

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rants from a South-Paw






Rants from a South-Paw
By Jon Slone





I am left handed.
My wife is left handed.
My daughter, MacKenzie, is left handed.



Okay, so, I buy one of these Fisher-Price Doodle Boards…and, well…


Look at the picture above and pretend that you are left handed.


Houston, we have a problem!


The holder, the string and the pen are parked on the right side…to boot, the frickin’ string doesn’t reach to the left side!!

Mind you, it’s plenty long for right handed children to be happy all the live-long right-handed-day. Meanwhile, the left handed step-children are going mental trying to draw a damn hexagon with a string, and a pen and a pen holder and a toy company and a world that’s all conveniently bent toward right-handers.


What am I suppose to do, cut the righty-rope and try to keep up with the plastic pen?

Really?

In the words of Yo Samity Sam…







"I think not you, Fricka Sacka para-coda poller ratin’ dirty-shocka froca freakun…"

No comments:

Post a Comment