Chicago's the greatest

Chicago's the greatest

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sometimes I feel like we're just babysitting some Angel's Kid







Sometimes I feel like we’re just babysitting some Angel’s Kid.
By Jon Slone




So my daughter wants Mickey and then she wants Minnie
And then she wants none only then to want any!
One week it’s all Elmo
The next week it’s Winnie.
And she counts really well from one up to twenty.

She cries about stuff like naps around noontime
Every single day to her oughta be balloon time
She slurps really weird.
And she drinks like a Hummer.
And she glows like her innards were made out of summer!
She’s amusing and brilliant and never a ho-hummer.
And thanks to her Dad she might be a drummer.


Sometimes I feel like we’re just babysitting some Angel’s Kid.


She never gets tired when she climbs up the drapes.

And she eats all her grapes.
And she knows all her shapes.

When I reach for her coat,
The scene becomes dire.

As she jets like those Joe’s from Chariots’ of Fire.

Her skills with the big girl potty are lame.
She speaks five languages that all sound the same.
Her eyes do stuff that you wouldn’t deem groovy.
Like that sweet little girl in the Exorcist movie!

She sings about Jesus and row, row your boats.
(Have I said that she hasn’t really warmed up to coats?)


Sometimes I feel like we’re just babysitting some Angel’s Kid.


And one day that Angel will come back and knock on our door and say, “Gotta have the kid dude.”
And I’ll say, “Could you just take our Magic Bullet and our Ronco Record Vacuum instead?”

“And the Angel will retort, “I don’t know, that is a pretty sweet Record Vacuum…”






Hope this put a smile on your face.

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Love this! And she looks so cute :) Very creative..keep it up!

    ReplyDelete