Chicago's the greatest

Chicago's the greatest

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

41 Words








41 words
By Jon Slone







These forty-one words are probably the reason why I love words today. As God would have it, the first time I heard the word, technology, I was bitten for life, though at six, I probably wasn’t aware of the vicious word bug what leaves brobdingnagian nibble-marks. Nevertheless, technology did it to me.


Enjoy this sonnet of 41 words:


41 WORDS

Steve Austin, astronaut, a man barely alive.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology!
We have the capabilities to make the world’s first Bionic Man.
Steve Austin will be that man.
Better than he was before.
Better, stronger, faster!


41 words for a 41 year old.

If you ever wanted to know who to blame for my sesquipedalian behavior, look no further than the intro to The Six Million Dollar Man T.V. show.


Jon Better-Stronger-Faster Slone

1 comment:

  1. you completely threw me for a loop with this one and it almost made a tear come to my eye because I was there when you fell in love with these 41 words....and I thank God that you did...What a clever way to put it and what insightfulness to relate these 41 words with your age...You really surprise me sometimes and it is always a good surprise....nicely done honey....nicely done...

    ReplyDelete